More About Cinema 4D
Today, Cinema 4D works as a modular 3D rendering and texturing software, meaning that you can upgrade to different modules as your needs expand. Cinema 4D offers modules specifically for sky simulation, body dynamics, hair, character animations, motion graphics, smoke effects and more.
The current release is Cinema 4D R20.
Depending on what your 3D modeling needs are, you'll be able to pick from a wide array of 3D modeling capabilities from different bundles below, including V-ray, RealFlow integration, and Maxwell Render capabilities.
Highlights in MAXON's latest release, Cinema 4D R20 include:
- Node-based material system offers completely new possibilities for creating materials, from simple reference materials to highly complex shaders using node-based shaders. More than 150 different nodes offer functions so users can quickly and comfortably create complex shading effects for the ultimate creative freedom. The standard material system's interface can be used to get started with the new node-based workflow, and the respective material is automatically created by the nodes in the background. Node-based materials can be made available as parametric assets with a reduced interface.
- MoGraph Fields offer completely new creative possibilities for the celebrated procedural animation toolset in MoGraph. Fields offer a new workflow that makes it possible to control the strength of the effect using any combination of falloffs, from simple geometric shapes to shaders and sounds to objects and mathematical formulas. Fields can be mixed and combined with one another in a layer list. Effects can be remapped and grouped in Multiple Fields to Control Effectors, Deformers, Weights and more.
- Cinema 4D R20 offers seamless drag-and-drop import for common CAD file formats such as Solidworks, STEP, Catia, JT and IGES. The importer's scale-based tessellation offers individual control of the level of detail for impressive visualizations.
- The OpenVDB-Based Volume Builder and Mesher in Cinema 4D R20 offer an entirely procedural modeling workflow. Any primitive or polygon objects (including the new Fields objects) can be combined to create complex objects using Boolean operations. Volumes created in Cinema 4D can be exported sequentially in the Vdb format and can be used in any application or render engine that supports OpenVDB.
- Important features such as Subsurface Scattering, motion blur and multi-passes were added to the native GPU-based ProRender. The ProRender code was also updated. The renderer now supports Apple's Metal2 technology and the use of out-of-core textures.
The modernization of the Cinema 4D core architecture is becoming more and more tangible. In Release 20, this is evidenced by a series of significant API adaptations, the new node system and the modeling and UI framework.
CINEMA 4D BUNDLES
- Prime - CINEMA 4D Prime's intuitive interface is designed to ease you into the powerful and exciting world of 3D graphics. With CINEMA 4D Prime, you can start creating great-looking 3D images only hours after getting to know the application. Also, the included tutorials make understanding CINEMA 4D quick and easy.
- Broadcast - CINEMA 4D Broadcast contains all the features of CINEMA 4D Prime as well as specific tools for creating motion graphics, including industry-leading cloning tools, advanced rendering options such as global illumination, a high-end library packed with 3D models, cameras, lighting setups, video clips and much more.
- Visualize - CINEMA 4D Visualize gives you a comprehensive suite of modeling and texturing tools and rendering options. Features like Global Illumination, Physical Sky, sketch-style rendering and huge librairies of 3D scene fillers, textures, lighting environments and much more.
- Studio - As well as containing all of the features found in CINEMA 4D Prime, Visualize and Broadcast, CINEMA 4D Studio adds advanced character tools, hair, a physics engine and an unlimited clients network for rendering. The result is that CINEMA 4D Studio can tackle any project you throw at it with ease.
Smarttec is your source for Cinema 4D software modules in Australia and New Zealand. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars (AUD$) and include GST for Australian residents.